“Flayed Disciple – Soldering-iron hot, thrashing Death Metal” – Terrorizer Magazine
“Balls out, gutteral, no comprimise, thrashtastic, fuck you metal” – New Metal Army
“An abundance of genuine groove” - Metal Hammer
“One of the best debut albums I’ve heard from an British Bands in a very long time” – Dom Lawson, Metal Hammer
“One of the most exciting Death Metal bands I’ve come across in the UK underground” – Metal Music Online / Wyldstone
Tim ‘Death Chuggin’ Whyte – Vocals
Thurston Howe – Lead Guitar
Jon Whitfield – Rhythm Guitar
Paul Williams – Bass Guitar
2010 also saw the release of a sampler CD containing two tracks from the previous EP and two new tracks entitled ‘Ejaculate While Killing’ and ‘Exodus’. The new tracks drew lots of attention and good reviews online.
In 2011 the band set off on a mammoth tour around Europe and the UK with slam metallers Cerebral Bore and death metal titans Aeon. With great response from fans at all the shows, the mood was set for them to play The Neurotic Death Fest in Holland. The only unsigned band to play on the whole festival meant that pressure was high but the band received high praise for their set and hope to get back to the Death Fest again soon.
- After a lengthy period of shows and touring, the band started writing for DEATH HAMMER in 2011.
- Flayed Disciple entered Foel Studio, Wales, on February 15th 2012 and recorded DEATH HAMMER with Chris Fielding.
- A management deal was signed with Chaotic Tapestry Mangement, who now deal with all press and PR for the band.
- A music video was released for a new track ‘ The Shrine Of Dahmer‘ and released through the Metal Hammer Website.
- Dom Lawson of Metal Hammer reviewed the album in one of his ‘Iron Sandwich’ features – see the video on YouTube – Dom Lawsons Iron Sandwich Flayed Disciple Review
- Death Hammer was given away to all subscribers of Terrorizer Magazine in May 2012, issue #223.
- The next music video taken from Death Hammer was released in August 2012 – The Westboro Massacre can be seen on the videos page and on their YouTube page.
- Flayed Disciple were invited back to Bloodstock Festival in 2012, to play the bigger Sophie Lancaster Stage!
- A tour of India and a slot at the Indian Metal Festival follow in December 2012. The first Indian Metal fest showcases 6 international artists and 2 Indian artists, it will be the biggest collection of International Death Metal and Thrash Metal bands to play India, and features Gojira as headliners.
Flayed Disciple signed to Grindscene Records in December 2011, and recorded ‘DEATH HAMMER’ with producer Chris Fielding at Foel Studios in February 2012.
Their debut EP ‘Drawn Viscera’ was recorded at Studio 6, Somerset, UK, in 2009 and was very well received in the local metal scene around the South West UK. After countless shows around the UK and with a constantly growing fan base, the band entered a battle of the bands competition for the chance to play on the unsigned stage at Bloodstock Festival, in 2010. After a heated competition, Flayed Disciple were victorious and played a blinding set to a packed tent of the UK’s metal heads. Their sound is a real mix of Death Metal and Thrash Metal. The old school style Thrash Metal guitar riffs are always present, but with the Death Metal drums and Tim Whyte’s Death Metal vocals on top it really does make for some pounding Metal.
To book Flayed Disciple or for press and media enquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Contact Grindscene Records – firstname.lastname@example.org / www.grindscene.co.uk
So scrape up those crispy entrails, slosh out your Corpse Bucket and keep on grinding!!!
Our BandCamp page with album streaming – www.flayeddisciple.bandcamp.com